Upcoming Webinar Panel Discussion
According to the Financial Health Network, only 28% of American’s are considered financially healthy. (i.e. planning, saving, spending, and borrowing in a productive way that ensures financial security for the present and future). Further,
78% percent of workers are living paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet.
46% of Americans don’t maintain a personal spending plan (aka “budget”).
47% of Americans are spending more or equal to what they earn.
57% worry about the ability to pay monthly bills and 36% are late to pay their bills.
30% have more debt than is manageable.
46% don’t have enough cash on hand to cover an unexpected expense as little as $400.
Money continues to be the top source of stress in US households. Although credit unions are integrating financial literacy, PFM tools, and credit scores into their financial wellness initiatives, these silos do not provide a holistic view of the member’s complete financial picture; nor are they proactive with recommending the actions members should take to improve their financial lives.
Join us for a lively webinar discussion to learn how fintechs and financial institutions are influencing a positive shift for consumer financial wellness.
Your take-aways will include:
- Insightful market research and statistics on the magnitude of the financial wellness challenge.
- Understand the psychology behind how consumers view cash management, debt reduction and savings (hint: it’s much different than you think).
- Preview the new generation of financial wellness tools that incorporate financial literacy, artificial intelligence, digital coaching, gamification, peer analysis and emotional intelligence.
- Learn how to win the fight against new entrants to the market: non-banking Fintech players that are providing consumer financial guidance.
- Understand the risks associated with your members becoming entangled with the new non-banking Fintech players.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
The Financial Health Network
Senior Director, Programs
Chief Executive Officer
VyStar Credit Union
SVP of Digital Experience